Monday, January 30, 2006

My Reading List for 2006

Well, Its January, and as most of you know, I read...alot. I try to read 52 books a year, and I think That I may have reached that number Last year, but I didn't keep good enough records in order to be sure.

So this year I am posting my Reading list on my Blog, so that I can have a public record and the rest of you can see me do it this year too.

So far this list in incomplete, but as I add more books to it and finish others, I will update the list so you can keep up with my progress.

So without further Adue, here it is.

Tim's 2006 Reading List:

1. Fire on the Horizon by Winkie Pratney - Finished 1/10
2. Speak Like Churchill, Stand Like Lincoln by James C. Humes - Finished 1/28
3. A Secret Atlas by Michael A. Stackpole - Reading
4. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
5. The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
6. Wild at Heart by John Eldridge
7. The Ultimate Core by Winkie Pratney
8. Devil Take the Youngest by Winkie Pratney
9. Shadow of the Giant by Orson Scott Card
10. The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leaders Day by John C. Maxwell
11. The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork by John C. Maxwell
12. The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis
13. Stories of Strength by Jenna Glatzer
14. The 360 degree Leader by John C. Maxwell
15. A Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell
16. Awakening the Hero Within by Carol S. Pearson
17. The Hero Within by Carol S. Pearson
18. Wild Seed by Octavia E. Butler
19. Dragon's Egg by Robert L. Forward
20. Smith Wigglesworth Devotional [All Year]
21. The Writer's Idea Workshop [All Year]
22. Storyteller by Kate Wilhelm [buy]
23. Speculations on Speculation by James Gunn [buy]
24. Hart's Hope by Orson Scott Card [buy]
25. Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone by J.K. Rowling
26. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
27. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K . Rowling
28. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
29. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
30. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince [buy]
31. Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda by David Michaels [buy]

This List is not necessarily in order of how I will read them, because I don't exactly like to read two books by the same author in a row; but as the order changes, I will change the list to reflect that.

Some of these books, I have yet to purchase. Those are indicated by the word "BUY" in brackets next to the title and author.

Also, this list is not a complete list of 52, so if you have suggestion on a book you think I should read, please let me know.
Just leave me a comment with the Title, Author, and a reason why you think I should read it, and I will look into it.

And If you have a comment on this list, tell me what you think.

Thanks,
--
So long and thanks for all the fish!
Visit my blog @ http://thechroniclesof.blogspot.com
Semper Fidelis
Semper Vigilantis
Deus Ex Nobis
--
Fight the Flood!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Velvit Elvis - By Rob Bell, go to NOOMA.com , and you will find out why you will want to read his book

16 January, 2006 13:38  
Blogger Budd said...

If you haven't already read them, try these

Diamond Age, Snow Crash, or anything else by Neal Stephenson.
Watership Down by Richard Adams.
Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.
Armor by John Steakly
Battle Royale by Koushin Takami

22 March, 2006 20:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home