Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sad News

Hi Everyone,

I usually try to keep this blog on the light side of things, with plenty of humor and try to keep a positive attitude on things.

But this post promises to be anything but humorous and positive. Tomorrow, at 8:45, my parents will be taking my dog, Shadow, to the Vet's to put him to sleep. I have had this dog for close to 8 years now. We took him in as an obviously abused stray dog who had one day shown up at a friend's house. We have had at least 4 other dogs in our time, but Shadow has been the best that we have ever had. He has been a very docile and playful dog all his life.

I realize I haven't yet told you WHY we are putting him down. Simply, He has cancer, the fastest growing cancer there is. It is in his nose in an inopperable location. We could either do what we are doing or we could pay 17,000 dollars for Chemotherapy that would prolong his life for a month. The Vet says that as it stands now he has at most 3 months, and it will be only a liberal 2 weeks until his personality changes, he goes blind, and a whole host of other problems. So we decided that before he goes into to much pain, [he is already lossing some of his coordination and he seems to be getting mor confused about his surroundings] we would put him down.

I can't explain to you how much this hurts. I have cried myself to sleep more than a few times, and I know that doesn't sound to manly but give me a break, I'm losing a member of my family here. I don't know how I am supposed to deal with all of this. He has slept in my room for the entire time that we've had him and we have gronw very close. I don't want to lose my dog, and I don't want to see him in pain.

If you pray, I ask that you pray for me. Pray for strength, pray for comfort.

Thank you.

-Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home