Friday, May 20, 2005

A Look Back

Yesterday, I attended my little sisters graduation. It just so happened that her graduation was exactly to the date, five years from my own. It doesnt seem like it has been five years since I've been out of high school; It seems like just yesterday. But at the same time, so much has happened since my graduation. Friends have gotten married; others have passed on. Some have lost the faith; others have gained it anew. I have changed as well. I am now older, wiser, wishing I could go back and correct the mistakes that I made, wishing I wasn't so lazy or laid back. I could have done better; I could have been more. I found myself suffering under the consequences of bad decisions made or chances I was afraid to take. Love lost because I couldn't put my pride on the line and learn to be vulnerable. Being blind to friends weaknesses and overlooking thier need. I know I put to much pressure on myself. I am not Superman, but I wish I was. I wish I could save everyone I care about. Brothers and sisters and friends gone astray. But I won't stop fighting for them. I will keep praying, keep believing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home